Horlicks Protein+ Health and Nutrition Drink – 400 g Pet Jar (Chocolate)
- Contains a blend of three high quality proteins – whey, soy, casein
- Triple protein blend providing fast and sustained release of amino acids over time
- Horlicks protein+ contains 3 times more protein than the leading hfd
- Country of Origin: India
Why do you need High Quality Protein?
Keeping Up With Life Post 30
As people move into their 30s, muscle mass and strength start to decline. Post 30, adults tend to lose 3-8% of their muscle mass per decade. This leads to drop in functional capacity which can then cause early fatigue. Optimum intake of high quality proteins and regular physical activity can reduce this decline in function.
The Importance of High Quality Protein
Maintaining muscle mass depends not just on the right amount of proteins but also on the right quality consumed. Whey, Soy and Casein, the proteins in Horlicks Protein+ have PDCAA score (protein quality indicator) of 1, the highest score possible on this scale.
Whey Protein is a fast release protein, being digested rapidly and leading to a fast increase in amino acids into the blood.
Soy Protein is termed an ‘intermediate release protein’, releasing amino acids into the blood a little slower than whey but higher as compared to casein.
Casein, the dominant protein in milk, is a slow release protein with a lower peak but a more gradual and prolonged amino acid release pattern.
9 in 10 Experts Believe a Triple Blend Protein is Best
Why does this Level of Protein Matter?
1 mug of the leading HFD provides 3g of Protein2.
Why Horlicks Protein+ is the Better Protein?
1. It has 3 High Quality Proteins:
There are 20 Amino Acids and your body needs all of them to maintain muscle mass and strength. But 9 of them cannot be made in the body and so need to be consumed. These are called essential Amino Acids.
2. Horlicks Protein+ Contains 3 times More Protein Than The Leading Health Food Drink2(HFD).
3. It has a Triple Blend of Proteins.
- The 3 Proteins in Horlicks Protein+ contain all the essential Amino Acids needed to build and maintain muscle mass, important for strength
1. Quintiles IMS (Aug 2017) Concept test amongst HCPs n=183 pp21.
2. 3 times protein refers to comparison with market leading HFD (GSK Data on File).
3. Maximum Shelf Life: 15 Months